START TABLET OPERATOR
- Electronically record start time of competitors (not Tour Group).
- Assist in the set-up of the Start Control with set up of the RallySafe tablet to be completed as soon as possible.
- Refer to information sheet in RallySafe kit on how to set up tablet correctly.
- Enter vehicle number against the relevant start time on the tablet.
- Record Course vehicles as they request to be issued a time.
- Record ALL Competition vehicles from “0” vehicle to “999” Sweep vehicle including the unit numbers of the “TSD Sweep” and “Sports Trophy Sweep” vehicles.
- If there is a failure with RallySafe sending start times to Competition vehicles, notify Stage Director and check each vehicle’s RallySafe unit if they have received a time or not.
- If Competition vehicle does not receive start time, click the ‘Clock’ button on the tablet which will manually count down that vehicle.
- Assist in the pack up of the Start Control.
- Ensure all equipment is recharged before the following day’s Stage.
Keep yourself safe and follows these tips!
- Stay hydrated
- Where practical, seek shade
- Park your vehicle across the road or track you are closing, well back from the plastic tape.
- If a member of the public happens to come along, explain that the road is closed with the permission of Police, the local council and TMR for the purpose of a high-speed motorsport event. Show them the permits that are included in this pack that the stage commander has given you.
- At no time should you put yourself in danger from an aggravated person. If they look like they are becoming argumentative, use your radio or direct them to your stage commander who will alert Event Command, and let them go. If they do go into the stage, try to get them to go in the direction the competition cars will be travelling, then try and flag down the next competing or course car immediately, and explain the situation.
- The road is considered closed once you have assumed your position on the stage. Following from this, you will next see course vehicles checking the placement of all officials and tapes, boards, road conditions and road book.