DEPUTY STAGE DIRECTOR
- Set-up, operate and dismantle the assigned TARGA Stage Finish and Stop Point controls.
- Manage the Finish Control Officials.
- Manage the Command Net cellular mobile telephone system from the Stop Point.
- Report abnormal incidents and address competitor enquiries.
- Assist Stage Director with any work needed Pre-Event.
- Assist Stage set-up.
- Ensure all Officials complete the sign-on sheet, parental consent forms where required and wear identification.
- Ensure that all Officials, media, emergency service vehicles etc from the “000” Police Road Closure vehicle until “Road Open” Police vehicle are recorded when leaving the stage.
- Issue the Vehicle Tracking forms.
- Immediately report any difficulties to the Stage Director.
- Report any incidents using the incident report form and notifying Command Centre.
- At completion of the TARGA Stage, return any equipment and assist in clean-up.
Keep yourself safe and follows these tips!
- Stay hydrated
- Where practical, seek shade
- Park your vehicle across the road or track you are closing, well back from the plastic tape.
- If a member of the public happens to come along, explain that the road is closed with the permission of Police, the local council and TMR for the purpose of a high-speed motorsport event. Show them the permits that are included in this pack that the stage commander has given you.
- At no time should you put yourself in danger from an aggravated person. If they look like they are becoming argumentative, use your radio or direct them to your stage commander who will alert Event Command, and let them go. If they do go into the stage, try to get them to go in the direction the competition cars will be travelling, then try and flag down the next competing or course car immediately, and explain the situation.
- The road is considered closed once you have assumed your position on the stage. Following from this, you will next see course vehicles checking the placement of all officials and tapes, boards, road conditions and road book.